Girls Development Academy meeting details
Sporting Blue Valley Girls DA Meeting Recap.
DEVELOP WORLD CLASS FEMALE ATHLETES WHO CAN COMPETE AT THE HIGHEST LEVELS OF THE GAME
- There will be 4 age groups -- U14, U15, U17, U19
Coaches are: Colin Bulwich (DA director) U15 and U19
Adam Lamb U14 and U17
Scott Moody Fitness, Speed & Agility and Injury Prevention
- Players will play on ability not necessarily on age. US soccer want players to play at appropriate level even if that is above their current birth year.
- Our DA players will not play HS soccer as it would be unfair to decide which players are allowed to play and which are not. Other school/Club sports will be very difficult to take part in due to the level of commitment expected from our DA players.
- Rosters will be 16 players as that will be the travel number. That could include 1 or 2 GK’s.
- Teams will train 4 days a week, with a combination of Soccer Fit with Scott Moody. All outdoor training will take place at Scheel’s OP Soccer complex.
- Below the DA teams will be showcase teams. They will play the most competitive schedule we can give them. Regional/National leagues and true showcase events such as PDT, Surf Cup, Disney etc. The Showcase teams will have the DP’s on their rosters. Those DP’s can play 6 games with the DA teams as DP players. They will also train some of the time with the DA teams. Showcase Team players will be able to play HS soccer and will train 3 times a week.
- We will be mirroring the SKC Boys Academy curriculum wherever possible. This will include on field sessions, classroom, evaluation, player and person development.
- Winters will include indoor and outdoor training including Futsal, which is on the US soccer Curriculum
- Teams will travel together and have 4 girls in a room. Parents are welcome to join but will do so separately. Hotels will be chosen based on having a quality free breakfast. Female chaperones will travel with each team. There will be a snack room at the hotel. Teams will eat together with food being brought to the hotel whenever possible. Parents will pay the team travel fees.
- Fees will be $65 a month for coaching over 11 months. The club will be supplementing the coach’s income for the extra commitment the DA will take. Soccer Fit is $50 a month. There are scholarships available through US Soccer which the club can apply for, on a needs basis.
- We are members of the Frontier Division with the following teams…
Dallas: Dallas Texans, FC Dallas, Solar, Sting.
Houston: Texas Rush, Houston Dash
Denver: Colorado Rush, Real Colorado
KC: Sporting BV, FCKC
- We are expecting around 30 games per season plus 2 or 3 national events. Half home games and half away. We will work with the other clubs to try and meet in the middle for a lot of games, e.g. meet Dallas teams in Tulsa, which will avoid travel distances and hotel nights. The DA will attempt to have most weekends be a single game weekend.
There will be 2 national events (December and March/April).
- The DA and Showcase coaches will be one big staff, constantly communicating about player movement between the teams and age groups.
- All current ECNL rostered players on the u15 and above will be getting a call from one of the two DA coaches in the next 2 weeks. Those calls could be an offer, or a discussion on where the coaches feel the player will fall in the new set up.
- College Play will still be the ultimate goal for 99.9% of our players. Since 2005 we have had 210 Female players, moving on to college careers.
- 3 Current players on US national teams.
- Roster Spots will be offered in the next 2 weeks but we will also have a post HS tryout for new players etc.